Friday 20 July 2012

Set me FREE!

I was contemplating whether to get a new pair of trainers or running shoes lately to sort of replace my existing ones which did me better service for the past three years. Almost two weeks ago while I was at the gym, my feet while "smoothly" striding (as if)  in a Technogym tread mill, I felt that my gym shoes had lost its cushioning and maybe its time to get a new pair.  

During my most recent visit with my cardiologist for a follow-up review, he strongly advised in a fatherly-fashion tone that I have to be more conscientious on my exercise habits and get rid of the "stubborn" inside me and its best friend - "stubborn fats", so I have decided to be a little bit more competitive than the usual constantly reminding myself that an extra mile won't hurt - actually, it did hurt the day after (of course the disclaimer is not part of the usual sayings):-) 


That day, I managed to hit 5 kilometers! ( I seriously deserve a clap because I never reached more than 3.5 kilometers under one go). Yes I know, 5 kilometers cannot even aid me to qualify for the sundown marathon. Much credit goes to the series of shows on LCDs in front of me which entertained me along the way. 

I have realized that running longer distances require shoes with longer impact tolerance. Another thing that I observed was that in long distance running, your feet must have a full grip of the shoes otherwise your foot muscles will exert more effort simply to maintain its grip, and  practically to dismiss the annoying feeling that your shoe strings are lose. 

My friend had been wearing a Nike Free Run + 2 following its precedent, the Nike Free Run, for almost two months now. I saw this also with some gym-goers. 



My friend wears this new Nike Free Run+ 2 with this colour. He seems to be quite satisfied with his purchase (But I am sure, he has not passed my 5 KM achievement yet! LOL) 
Everything says here. Where's the cross-section though?:-)

What makes Nike Free Run+ 2 shoes worth buying is the brace and sock-like layer beneath it which work independently from one another, giving the runner a greater range of mobility without losing its support.  To sort of  maximize each individuals’ potential, the Nike Free Run+ 2 includes the Nike+ program (I have yet to download this App on my Iphone). Not to mention, the retail colours are pretty attractive too. 

Am I simply making a good excuse that my present shoes no longer fit its job hence I have to be more "friendly" with my aching feet? LOL I guess, my feet will thank me should I get this! So please set me FREE!:-)



Nike - just bend it! 




Cheers!

Photocredit: Web Photo



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...