Saturday 29 December 2012

No matter how simple and how small

Christmas season is the time of giving and receiving, of course! LOL Fortunately, I am not exempted in receiving presents. I received a number of interesting stuffs this season but thought of sharing some of these meaningful and special gifts which made Christmas a little bit more special no matter how simple and small, but big in every way. :-)

1. Music Box from Hokkaido, Japan



This was really a surprise which I have received through a kris kringle from someone who recently went to Hokkaido for a winter ski holiday. I am a Frank Sinatra fan. This music box plays "My Way" and functions as a trustworthy paperweight too. :-) I wish that I get to visit Hokkaido next winter.


2. Braun Buffel leather wallet


 
This is really a valuable present as I previously encountered a very terrible mishap when I lost my leather wallet just two days after I came back from Europe (I will post about this trip soon). I lost a valuable amount of cash, my student IDs, membership, discount, gym and credit cards as well. I had a fair share of trouble on calling banks during late hours requesting to block and deactivate my cards and to request for new card replacements.

Some were happy to waive card replacement fees but others were not.  One of the graces I have received after this unfortunate event was a waiver of my gym membership card replacement fee because of my membership upgrade last month.



I was previously using a leather wallet from Braun Buffel so I guess I received a better replacement since this wallet has more card pockets. :-)





But I learnt a very valuable lesson, try not to put all your valuable cards in one basket as much possible and of course, try to carry on and learn to forgive yourself for losing such item. :-)

3. Bottled cake from Grin Affair, Everton Park




If love letters and a genie can be put inside a bottle, why not cakes too? LOL I have heard this cake from my friends previously but never had the chance to try it. These cakes can be very special door gifts during weddings, baby showers and other family occasions. And aside from its unique packaging, the taste is even awesome. They come in other fruity flavors too - kiwi, banana, passion fruit, strawberry, etc. I did not think twice but rather enjoyed the chocolate flavor. Well, Christmas season is a perfect time to indulge - excuses and more excuses. LOL

4. Mobile Speaker



This mobile speaker offers a superb sound quality and pops up to be like the below photo. Another entertaining element is that this speaker radiates light which changes according to the beat and mood of the sound it projects.


I really enjoyed listening to Ed Sheeran with this speaker.


5. Candy Cane


I used to receive a bigger-sized candy cane when I was younger. One thing I have observed over the recent years - I would get smaller and smaller-sized candy canes as years pass by. LOL 


Again, all the blessings this season!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...