Tuesday 25 December 2012

Have an awesome Christmas everyone! :-)


For most of us, Christmas season could be one of the most hyped and anticipated festive occassion throughout the year. Not to mention the endless holiday sales accompanied by seem-to-be infinite queues encouraged by late midnight shopping and the hundreds of Christmas themed menus and coffee flavors on “a limited offer only” basis available in almost every restaurant/coffee shops drawing afficionados who truly long for a more gratifying Christmas taste. Of course, we cannot deny that stress level could be high during this season brought by traffic jams, unpleasant surprises and the failure of people around in meeting our more than usual high expectations, from the presents we receive to our relationships with the people who matter to us.

Nonetheless, on top of these negativities, I believe that it is the “awesomeness” that we experience during Christmas season that makes it a little bit more special other than the fruitcake or log cakes. Christmas is the time where we feel the love and urge to view most things around us in an excellent way. Despite the realization among us that Santa Claus does exist only in our imagination (during childhood days), Christmas season remains a good season to share kindness and spread hope with our friends, family and dear loved ones.    

I joined my mom recently and went to a specialty store which sells Christmas trees and decors. I snapped some of these photos to share with all of you a little sense of Christmas from these miniatures and ornaments - more likely to relive the pure joy and hope in our hearts regardless of our faith, race and origin. :-)

These remind me of Peter Tchaikovsky's The Nutcracker Suite, Op. 71a



This is among my favorite items in the store.

Merry white X-mas!

I love taking the actual ride and feel dizzy thereafter. LOL

The Ferris Wheel really spins so fast. 
This brings back a memory of my Christmas childhood. My dad would normally set up a similar Christmas tree like this coated with white paint and adorned with my two brothers' and my used toys as ornaments. This would normally grace our front garden yard outside the house. Sometimes, the Christmas tree would be placed inside the living room as well depending on my dad's mood for that particular year. LOL
This must be a fancier version with all the mirrors covering the branches. 

The parachutes actually comes up and down. I saw similar ride during my visit to Legoland.

Derailed! LOL


This plays Christmas carols.


Red Christmas tree? Why not?

This unique Christmas tree would spike up the mood in a dull room.

Sundae ice cream tree ornament.

Desktop drummer boys.

I love the details of these berries.

These actually caused my eyes to light up. Fancy gift boxes with Christmas lights. 
This is one of the cute pieces in store. The mono-cyclist and the man figure actually cross the thin wire back and forth - sans thrill of any slips of course! LOL

I also received a special Christmas note card from Cartier.



And I honestly believe that it is okay to feel a bit more romantic, sentimental and melodramatic during December. Happy Christmas everyone and may all our wishes come true!:-)


Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...