Wednesday 17 October 2012

Picasso, Buffet, Warhol, Botero and an Apple

Recently, I went to an art gallery to indulge myself and awaken my artist's senses. I was truly inspired the moment I get to see some works of Picasso, Buffet, Botero, Warhol and an apple.:-)


My visit to this gallery became a bit special as I remembered my childhood. My father once made a serious attempt to create a small piece of art by drawing his own rendition and quick sketch of a horse head (being his favorite beast) in a piece of paper using my colored pencil. I remember him saying that it was similar to  "Picasso" kind of art leaving me totally clueless until I get to learn and read more about Pablo Picasso and Vincent Van Gogh, among others, during my later years. 
Pablo Picasso (1881-1973)

I must admit that any seven year old kid would be curiously impressed as the figure of a horse head slowly starts to form its shape against my imperfect drawing of a birthday balloon! LOL

Please bear with the light reflections.:-)

Pablo Picasso, Halte de Comediens Ambulants avec Hibou, from series 347, 1968 (Etching and Drypoint)

Andy Warhol, Parrot from the Toy Series, 1983 (Acrylic and silkscreen ink on canvas)
 A number of Fernando Botero's works are also on display in the gallery.

Fernando Botero




Fernando Botero, Equilibrista (Oil on canvas)
This is one of the works by Bernard Buffet, a French painter of expressionism.




Bernard Buffet (1928-1999)

 I also saw this piece of art taking apple as an inspiration.



Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...